BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Renaissance Fair 2010

Ok, ok, so this last Saturday I went to most fun fair of the year! I'm not even just saying that to make this blog exciting - it really was a blast! The Renaissance fair is a fair held just past Ogden, Utah every year in woods off a little dirt road. Everyone dresses up as either: Royalty, maidens, lords and ladies, pirates, celtic dancers, fairies, gypsies, knights, jesters, trolls, gnomes, dwarfts, or anything else medevil or Reniassance they can think of. My friend Amanda and I dressed up as fairies, and our other friends Matthew and Mav dressed up in chain mail, and we went together. It was a blast! When you first walk in, people welcome you, talking with "ye's" and "thou's", and it's just really exciting. Following the map, you can go to the swamp, the jousting court, the petting zoo, the royalty tent, Jack Sparrow's ship, into the woods, across the moat, and many other activites. But the best of all has got to be the chain of merchants. Merchants from all over Utah, and elsewhere gather at the Reniassance fair and sell their wears and goods to the many intruiged customers. I love the merchants. There are over 100 little tented shops where you can buy almost anything you can imagine. People come there with the most random, cool stuff. I always bring like 40 bucks to spend, 'cause I know there's gonna be all sorts of cool stuff I won't be able to buy anywhere else. They sale furs of all sorts, armory like chain mail and weapons and stuff, food, the favorite being the gigantic turky drumsticks you must eat with only your two hands, jewelry such as celtic rings or gypsy earrings, hair extensions, handmade crafts made by only the best and most artistic, bags, books, costumes, beadwork, instruments, masks, dishes, glass balls, mirrors, glass spiders, horses, decorative speciaties, massages, and who knows what else. You just have to find it. Now this may all seem ordinary, but just imagine all these items all origanal and unique. I bought the most amazing things there. My first buy was an adorable celtic heart ring to go along with my dancing career. I then bought a handmade on-the-spot string bracelet custom made with my name embroidered into it with a faded rainbow. Then I got these dream catcher earrings with feathers in the middle, and last a yellow sparkly flower ring to match Amanda's. It was a total blast! We got our picture with Jack Sparrow, and I swear, he acted, looked, sounded and talked just like Johnny Depp! He was amazing! You know how Jack walks around all weird, like he's totally out of it? This guy was a pro at it! I was laughing my head off when he said,"'scuse me, love." He was the best of the best! He even had the hand actions and way to hold the gun down! HAHA. We followed him and laughed our heads off. If anyone has the chance to go next year, DO IT!!!

0 comments: