BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

LAPTOP! and my foot

YAY! I'm getting a lap top for Christmas...hopefully. I invested $200 in it already, so I'd better get one! But the reason I'm dying for one so badly, is because I really want something small and portable to write my stories on. I love to write, but I really hate only being able to write on my home computer when I can, and especially writing on paper. I know it makes me sound lazy, but why would I waste my time writing out every single letter when I could be going 10 times faster typing. I'm a pretty fast typest, so I don't really see the need to write everything down by hand. I mean, think about it, if we had to write our blogs and discussions on paper every week, that would take FOREVER! Thus the reason I really like this online Honors English idea; we have the technology...why not use it!

The lap top I'm hoping to get is a mini, because I really don't have the money or the need for a 15". My dad has a system thingy majig where you can download Microsoft Office onto 3 computers, and he said he would download the Microsoft Word, Exel, etc 2007 onto my little laptop! I love the new Microsoft programs! They're so easy to use, and organized so well. I really enjoy using them, and also because I'm in computer technology, so I'm learning new things to do on them each day. After we got 2007 on our computer, I used the 2003 at school, and I was about to shoot myself; it's horrible, and I don't know where anything is! New technology is just so helpful! :)

Some story ideas that have to write about is #1 christmas stories, because I love to write and I love Christmas. I really want to write a historical fiction, because I don't really like taking the time to think of a story background, and history is already so interesting. So I'm looking into that...but other than that I'm just waiting to think of ideas when I get my laptop!

Now, 2nd item of business. I have some friendly advice: Never ever, ever, ever break a bone in your leg; it's torture, and I speak from experience. I had a cast and crutches for almost 2 months, and was out of dance. It was really hard for me, because these months have been the longest break I've had from dance since I was 2... no joke. Dance is my life. It's been just horrible being out of dance, let alone being immobilized. Ugh! Don't even get me thinking about it. I HATED it so bad I can barely express it in words. It was like being a famous running and then having an 100 pound weight chained to your leg. BUT...the fabulous news is....I went to my foot doctor and just found out my foot is completely healed! I was off crutches, but it was still broken! Now it's healed and I can now start dance again! Hooray! The only bad news is, no high heels for the rest of my life, because the bone I broke is the bone high heels put all the pressure on. Oh well! I will do absolutly anything to avoid breaking it again, even if it means being a girl and not being able to wear high heels. It was a good escuse to buy new shoes anyways!

0 comments: