BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

DIARY OF AN O.C.D. FREAK

Yes, I hate to admit it, but I'm about as OCD as they come. Yes, I organize my books in alphabetical order, yes, my sheets and pillow case have to match, and yes, I always turn in my homework on time. No matter what.

Now, it was just these past few years that I realized just how O.C.D. I really am. I mean, when you can't leave the house to go to a party without checking the stove, all the straight irons, turning off all the lights, and saying a prayer to protect the house while you're gone, you know that you're O.C.D. It's a weird feeling, let me tell you. And sharing a room with a messy, cheerleader sister doesn't help anything. As soon as she comes home, onto the floor goes her clothes, cheer bag, shoes, garbage, homework - all in one big sloppy pile that will most likly remain at that post for the next week or two, until I force her to remove it or else. And I when I say "or else", she knows I mean "Do it now or I will personally make sure you never see anything in that pile ever again."

And about school - I have never had a missing assignment in all of my school days. In fact, "missing assignment" isn't even in my vocabulary. These are the facts: Most kids can come home and put off their homework until the last possible second, while I come home and refuse to even eat until everything has been properly completed. I have my own personal organizer to plan out my days, weeks, months and years. I write down all my schedules, appointments, homework, everything. I don't miss a single thing. And I know this sounds super weird, but one of my favorite stores is actually Office Max, or Wal-Mart. I just LOVE to shop for organization items, and look at all there is to look at. I love walking through isles of blank notebooks and different kinds of pens. I enjoy that kind of creativity stuff. I love marking books and tabbing them, etc. It's kind part of the O.C.D. kind of person I am. I could spend 1000's of dollars shopping at Office Depot instead of Aeropostle and whatever anyday! I love notebooks and writing things down and planning. Thus another reason why Franklin Covey is another one of my favorite stores. They sale all sorts of planners and journals. Barnes and Noble is also a store I could spend a day at. I love the little creative books, or sometimes just going through the isles looking at novels or journals. I'm not sure if this is caused by my O.C.D.ness, but it kind of all fits together in my life. :p I think I get it from my dad - he's the same way. He plans stuff out and love to shop for books and journals and things like that. My mom, not-so-much.

Is anyone else out there as O.C.D. as I am? Probably. But when I really think about it, they gave it the right name; disorder, and disorders are technically bad. I actually sometimes like it. It helps me keep my life in check and be organized! :)

0 comments: