BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Expectations for Great Expectations

Well, this past couple of weeks I have been furiously reading Great Expectations, in hopes of finishing it in time to write my analysis and turn everything in by March 15. So far I'm a little more than half way into it (I'm a little behind), but so far I think it's a pretty intriguing book. It's not one that I would personally choose, and it's kind of funny, because whenever someone asks me what I'm reading, and I show them the cover they say,"Oh. Assigned reading, right?". I swear, like 4 different people have said that to me! I don't think the book's that bad - I guess people just say that when they see it's written by Charles Dickens. I thought it was pretty funny though. The book's going alright though, and I found a laptop to use at my grandma's house, because my home computer still isn't fixed! ARG! I have a laptop of my own, and I convinced my dad to buy wireless internet so I can do it myself at my house - yay! Hopefully the router will be installed ASAP!

I really can't believe that it's pretty much spring. It finally dawned on me when I stepped outside this morning and felt the bright sun on my skin and the soft, pleasant breeze of spring. I could see some tiny plants beginning to sprout, and I jumped on my trampoline a little bit, truly enjoying myself outside for once. I'm not much of a winter person; in fact, now that I really think about it, I never once played in the snow this winter. No snowmen, no snowball fights, or snowforts - nope, I'm just not a wintery, snowy person. Spring and summer are my favorite times of the year. Although, I do enjoy the snow...up until after about New Years. Then I really get sick of it, and just want it to all melt away. I know this sounds kind of stupid, but another reason I'm excited for spring is NEW CLOTHES! I absolutly love the feeling of new clothes, and I just got this cute spring jacket that my mom said I can't wear until spring, and as we were standing outside in the sun, I convinced her to let me wear the coat this week! I supose that when I'm older I won't live in Utah, because I really do dispize the snow and cold. I hate ice skating, skiing, snowboarding, playing in the snow, or anything like it, so I guess I'd be better of in Flordia or India or some place like that!

Something that has just come to my attension, is how rude people are to me just because I have red hair. I've been called Ginger, Gingy, Devil, Satan's Mistress, and some other things that arn't very appropriate. I do admit that some of the names came from a certain someone who I am kind of evil to...hehe, but I just kind of have that "evil" personality. I like torturing people. Of course, I'm always just kidding, but some people tell me they are afraid of all redheads because of me. Oops!

*Sigh* There is nothing better than going to give a speech or a talk, and totally winging it. That's what I'm going to be doing today at about 6:30. Whoopee. I prepared for it, but I've just been too overwhelmed with homework and crap to get into it. So when I go there I'll pretty much just be reading off my little paper and embarressing myself in front of 50 someodd people. Great.

I think I might be maybe one blog behind, but I'm pretty sure I"m back on track now, after my computer delemma. It doesn't really work out to be doing an internet based class when you have no computer, but I try. :)

0 comments: