BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 9, 2009

The Christmas Post

There is much debate over this subject, but yes, I become obsessed with Christmas after Halloween. People like my mother, however, complain that you shouldn't even starting thinking about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Unfortunatly for her, my obsession with Christmas cannot be cured.

Let me just first get this point across: Christmas is indeed the best holiday (in my book), and I love everything about it. The lights, the food, the feelings, the weather, the activities, the presents, the giving, the family, the music, the parties, the decorations...everything. I mean, I just love it! Every year I bring out my box of Christmas decorations and make my room very Christmasy. I have a nutcracker collection, complete with mini nutcrakers, tall ones, fat ones, glass ones, wood ones, etc. I also have sparkly sequin streamers and tons of little ornaments. I have a place for all the presents I get from people before the actual date, and also cards and things from past years. I have a mini Christmas tree that I set up, and tons of stuff from the Ballet West Nutcracker that I participate in (well except this year since I broke my foot).

Now when the time does come, my mother is very picky about Christmas. She has to have a very expensive tree with matching ornaments, and it has to be decorated how she wants it. The wrapping paper of the presents under the tree has to match with the tree decorations, or else it has to be re-wrapped. We have to have cute lights outside our house, and none of the bulbs can be burned out, or else my dad has to climb up there right away and change it. They have to glow to a certain brightness and give off a certain vibe when seen. Yes, crazy, I know. But it's actually quite nice sometimes, to have a beautifully lit Christmas tree with lots of matching presents under it :).

Some Christmas traditions that my family has are: A family Christmas party on the 19th. We all get together at my cousin's mansion in Alpine and have food, play games, give gifts, and hang out with the family. Luckily, my family is not boring, and each year is filled with the funnest games ever, and running around with the cousins and being maniacs, while filling up on tons of junk. My grandmother also gives our parents a big box before we leave, and on Christmas Eve we get to open the packages for us inside. We all already know that they're PJs, but the fun of it is to see what kind of PJs you get...

Christmas morning is the best moment on earth. I love it. I know, I'm still like a little kid, and I have contests with my sisters to see who can wake-up first. But let me tell you, it's fun...mostly because I always win. On Christmas I just always wake-up early (I'm talking 2 A.M.) no matter what! Of course I have to wait until I get the OK from my parents to come out, but whoever makes it to the tree first is the winner (usually ME!). I love getting and giving presents. It's way fun. I love the surprise of getting cool stuff, and the look on people's faces when they see what you got them. I always try to pick out the best suited gift possible for my family members.

Christmas day, always filled with playing with new toys and eating with the family, always promises to be great one. Not to mension winter break from school, and all the snow! I love messing around outside and being mean to my neighbors...hehehe....

One thing that is also very special about Christmas is its simbolism, and what it means to my family. We're LDS, so we always read the Christmas story, and it's great. It's a really nice time to think about what Christmas really means.

0 comments: