BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 2, 2009

How To get Shelfari Onto Your Blog!

Ok so, one day I was just randomly messing around on the computer and I mysteriously figured out how to get my Shelfari shelf onto my blog. It was really cool. Then I realized that I didn't know how I did it. Soooo, I went back and discovered the secret that I accidentally discovered. So, if you want to be able to get your shelf onto your blog (like at the bottom of mine) just follow these instructions:

First: Log onto your Shelfari account. When you are at the home page, look for the tabs in the middle of the page that say HOME, PROFILE, FRIENDS, etc. Make sure you arn't looking at the tabs at the top of the page - they are the ones in the middle of the page! :)
The very last tab says MORE, with a little down arrow. Put your mouse over that arrow, and the following list should appear:
The very last option on the MORE list says My Widgets. Click on that.
Next a bunch of Widget options will come up on the page. Near the bottom it will say CREATE A NEW WIDGET. Click on that.
Now your computer will show a big blue box telling you to add your shelf onto your blog...

In the top right corner of that screen it will have a little thing saying enter your blog's URL and GET STARTED. I don't think I entered my blog's URL; I just clicked right on GET STARTED.

Next you choose your widget destination, or the website that you want your shelf to appear on. Obviesly, you choose Blogger, unless you want to put your shelf on some other website.









Once you pick Blogger, a list will come up, asking you to choose which book you want on your shelf. Books you've read, you're reading, Favorites, etc.
Once you pick that, you click on Customize your widget in the top right corner.
Here you can choose what your widget's name, what color of shelf, and all that extra stuff, but the most important things is that you enter your blogs website address.


On the right side of the screen it will display a preview of your widget. Make sure it looks how you want it to, and then click Save and Continue right above the preview.


On the next page it should have a grey button that says INSTALL ON BLOGGER.

Now your shelf should be on your blog. Check and make sure! I hope it works for everyone!

0 comments: