BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

School

School is great, sure. You get an education so that you can get a nice dandy job in the future, you'll know what's going on in the world, and you'll be easily obeying the law. Great. Exciting. In fact, in most other countries they arn't this lucky. So I should be grateful, right? Ya...except for one little thing; teachers. Teachers are great people considering that they are working for such a low salary compared to other jobs, and put up with all us stupid kids, but....they just don't understand. Let me explain how I believe the mind of the teacher works:

MIND OF A TEACHER
90% of brain spent thinking about = my class
8% of brain spent thinking about=kid's other classes
2% of brain spent thinking about=maybe I should recongnize that the kids probably have other homework in their other classes besides mine
Yes. Teachers seems to never recognize that we students do have 7 other classes to worry about, not just theirs. They keep thinking that we have nothing to do and hardly any homework because they don't think they gave us that much...in their class anyway. Do I have time to do 2 hours of Algebra 2 homework, 1 hour of Biology homework, another hour of english and what about Computer Technology, Spanish, Geography, etc. I actually have a life besides school. I have to stay in shape. I like to dance. I like my Alissa-time. Homework is good, but only to a certain point. Half the time it's not the actual homework that's hard, it's just fitting in time to do all the time-consuming projects. PLUS I have Mrs. Money for Algebra 2. Now, it's not Mrs. Money I'm complaining about, it's the math. Algebra 2 is just really hard for my to understand. Don't laugh at me- I'm not good at everything. I have to be bad at some things. Seriously. It's my hardest class with the most homework, and it's the toughest to understand. But I try.
I found this really cool website that I like called Vocabulary Builder. It has a "word of the day" and I copy it down in my writing notebook so that I can learn new words. Here's a link:
Check it out! It's really cool. There's different levels to click on, and they teach you new words each day. I think it's a good way to improve your vocabulary. There's also other links to click on that all involve building your vocabulary. It's a really good site. Another thing I want to try that has to do with vocabulary is writing in my journal in Spanish to improve my spanish writing. I think it'd be really cool! I think learning another language is really important for our educations. It really helps me out, anyway. And not only do we learn the other language, we also learn about the culture in that country. It's amazing. We learn about what dances they do, how they live, their traditions, etc.
:)

0 comments: